Title I & Parent Involvement
Tamara Perry – Title 1 Coordinator
District Mission Statement
District and school-based Title I Parent Involvement Programs in Polk County will strive to build RELATIONSHIPS to create real family engagement for every child, every family,
every teacher, every day.
Title I Overview
Components of Title I are:
Studies show that the more parents are involved in the education of their child, the more academically successful that child will be. The goal of the Title I Parent Involvement program is to give school-based Parent Involvement Facilitators information, materials and resources to enable them to provide for their parents at the school-level. It is the job of the Facilitator to give parents the tools and resources necessary for them to help their child at home. Everyone working together in this way gives the child the best possible support for doing well in school.
- District Title 1 Parent and Family Engagement Plan
- Parent Right-to-Know Letter
- Parent and Family Engagement Plan
- School Parent Involvement Plan Summary
- School Parent Compact
- PIRC (Parent Information and Resource Center)
- Parent Curriculum Guide
- District Title 1
- Polk County School Board
Title I Information
What is Title I?
- Largest federal educational program
- Provides money to school districts to supplement educational services in high poverty schools.
- How does a school qualify for funds?
- Determined by percentage of students on free and reduced lunch
- Allocated money is based on the number of low-income students it serves
- What is the goal of Title I? To increase student achievement through:
- Effective instruction
- Professional development
- Family involvement
- Compact – a commitment to share responsibility for student learning; a written action plan for a family-school partnership to help each child get a high-quality education.
- Parent-Teacher Conference
- Parent workshops/activities/meetings – provide materials and training to help parents work with their children at home in order to improve achievement.