Jackets, sweaters, coats, etc.
Any kind of jacket/coat/cardigan is OK if it meets regular dress code** rules
- May not be disruptive, distracting, or display offensive language/symbols
- School staff may ask students to remove jackets
- Any pullover garment that is worn all day (sweater, sweater vest, sweatshirt) should: Have a collar OR be worn with a collared uniform shirt or official school t-shirt underneath; Must be solid white, solid navy, royal blue or red. (school sweatshirts with no hoods are OK)On very cold days, students who walk, bike, etc. may need to wear sweatpants, etc. over their school clothes on their way to and from school. However, any clothing that doesn’t meet dress code requirements must be removed before school begins.
Bottoms: Navy, Black or Khaki/Tan
- Shorts, pants, skorts, skirts, skirted jumpers
- Must be plain, solid-color twill, corduroy or denim fabric
- Traditional blue jean color is OK for denim
Tops: White, Navy Blue, Red & Dark Royal Blue with collar
- Must have long or short sleeves
- Knit polo-type or woven dress shirts, blouses, turtlenecks
- School t-shirts are OK (available through school office for $7)
The Dress Code does not allow for clothing with colored trim, stripes, embroidery, decoration, etc. It also does not provide for overalls (overalls with pants or shorts), sweat pants, knit pants/ skirts, leggings, etc.
A small logo is acceptable on otherwise approved clothing items.
Other dress code rules:
- A belt is required if the garment has belt loops
- Shirts (including t-shirts) must be tucked in
- Shorts/skirts must be mid-thigh or longer
- Shoes must be safe and appropriate
- Clothes must be appropriate size, with waist of garment worn at student’s waist
- Clothing that is too tight or too loose is not appropriate for school
School administrators will determine if clothing is appropriate for school and complies with district rules. For more information, please refer to the Code of Student Conduct for a copy of the student dress code.
For more specific information on the student dress code, please refer to the Code of Student Conduct.
**Polk County Public Schools Student Code of Conduct, Section 2.10.